Choose your destination
Business trips to North America departing from Lyon
Making regular business trips from Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport to North America?
Transfers, services available in Lyon and Montreal airport, and formalities: find all the information and tips you need for planning your trip.
Travelling to and from Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport
There are various transport options available for getting to the airport.
- By car: 5 car parks and 3 drop-off points are available to travellers.
- The Rhône Express shuttle: from Lyon Part Dieu, Vaulx-en-Velin and Meyzieu Z.I.
Shuttles run every day between 4.25 am and midnight, leaving every 15 minutes between 6 am and 9 pm, and every 30 minutes between 4.25 am and 6 am and 9 pm and midnight.
Tickets can be purchased from ticket machines on the platform, online or on the shuttle (€1 supplement).
Single tickets: €15.90; Return tickets: €27.50
- Shuttle buses: travel from 14 towns in the region.
- Trains: TGV and OUIGO to 24 cities (Paris, Marseille, Montpellier and Milan).
Getting around Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport for transatlantic flights
When you arrive at Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport:
- Follow the panels to "Terminal 2". Departures leave from zone 21, upstairs.
- Next go through airport security.
- In the reserved area, your boarding gate is located on the right-hand side. You will need to present your passport for access. It will take approximately 5 minutes to reach the plane.
- Check-in desks open: 3.5 hours before departure.
- Recommended time to arrive at airport security and passport control: 2.5 hours before departure.
Things to do while waiting for your transatlantic flight
Everything is in place to ensure your business trip from Lyon goes as smoothly as possible, no matter what your needs.
- Business at the airport
More than just an airport, Lyon-Saint Exupéry is also a 1,000 m2 business centre with fully-equipped meeting rooms and offices.
Free internet access is available via Montreal airport's broadband network YUL WI-FI (reconnection every 60 minutes).
- In lounges
5 lounges are available to business travellers. The Solano lounge (Terminal 2) is available free of charge to all customers on business trips leaving from Lyon. It is open from 5 am to 8 pm (9 pm on some days).
Drinks and snacks are available, as well as a selection of newspapers.
- At the hotel
There are 3 hotels near Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport: the Lyon Airport Hotel ****, the Kyriad Hotel *** and the Ibis Budget **.
Looking for a snack whilst waiting for your flight? The airport has some twenty cofees and restaurants spread across the three terminals. Starbucks Coffee, Pizza Hut, the Kyriad hotel restaurant, OL Brasserie, Millie’s Cookies, Alto Café: you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Tobacco, perfume, alcohol, jewellery and sweets: make the most of the wide range of tax-free products available from the airport's duty-free shops.
- Personal care
- Take a shower
Paid showers are available every day of the week (Le Square - Level 1). They are open from 6 am to 11 pm.
From Sunday to Friday, 2 pm to 8 pm, why not get a manicure at the Mlle Vernis express nail bar (Terminal 2). It's the perfect opportunity to get your nails looking tip-top before a business meeting.
- You'll also find...
- Smoking areas in front of the terminals;
- The Travelex bureau de change at Le Square, open from 7.30 am to 8 pm;
- A concierge service offering a wide range of facilities, including left luggage, luggage lockers and clothes lockers.
Lyon-Montreal business travel
The Air Canada airline offers flights to Montreal. From this airport you can reach numerous destinations in North America and the rest of Canada. From the flight to arrival, everything you need to know:
- During your flight, fill in the Canadian border services declaration form.
- Once in the "International Arrivals" zone, go to the customs and passport control area with the duly completed form to hand.
- Then go to the luggage collection area. Once in the hall, use the display screens to find your airline's carousel.
If you have issues with lost or damaged luggage, see your airline's luggage desk.
- Next continue to the second customs area where you will need to present your declaration form to the border services agent.
You can use the YULi app, available for download on the Apple Store and Google Play, to find your way through the airport. An interactive map will guide you through the different areas, with personalized routes including walking times and estimated waiting times at security points.
You can also use this app to stay up to date with information about your flights, find special offers from shops and partners, and to book your airport parking online.
Getting to the Montreal city centre
Leaving the airport to reach your final destination:
- 747 Express Bus
Leaves every day, 24 hours a day. Departure times vary depending on the destination (buses leave every 10 to 40 minutes). Journeys last between 45 and 70 minutes.
Tickets can be purchased at the metro stations, at the airport or at the Montreal Tourist Information Centre.
Single tickets: $10 (tickets are valid for 24 hours).
Fares start at €7 (approx. $7).
Things to do at Montreal airport on business trips
Everything is in place to ensure business travellers have a pleasant journey and plenty to do whilst waiting for their flight.
Free access to the "YUL WI-FI" wi-fi network. Sessions last 60 minutes.
The Marriott luxury hotel is directly linked to the airport.
- Catering and shopping
Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is strictly prohibited in the Montreal-Trudeau airport, as well as on the runway. There are however smoking areas in front of the airport. To reach these areas, you must leave the airport and pass through airport security upon your return.
Lockers are available in the public area.
Going on a business trip from Lyon to North America? We are always on hand to provide you with useful information and to help you organize your travel. Please feel free to leave us your details.