Choose your destination
Do you dream of a cultural immersion on the cosmopolitan banks of the Bosphorus? Treat yourself to an unforgettable stay in Istanbul under the shadow of the minarets of the Blue Mosque. From the Grand Bazaar to the famous Turkish baths, from the dome of the Hagia Sophia to the sumptuous Topkapi Palace, the great Turkish city is a must-see destination for a successful trip at the crossroads of East and West.
Flights Lyon (LYS) - Istanbul (IST)
Book a flight from Lyon Saint-Exupéry to Istanbul
Being partners with Lyon Airports, the Turkish Airlines and Pegasus airlines offer direct flights from Lyon to Istanbul departing from Lyon-Saint Exupéry.
To make the right choice, check flight dates, schedules and fares, as well as current discounts, and check out the company website or our timetable.
Prepare your trip to Istanbul
- French nationals, other nationalities from the European Union and the Swiss do not need a visa during a short tourist stay in Turkey (less than 90 days). A valid identification document (ID card or passport) is enough to enter the territory. Be careful, however, that the period of validity exceeds the date of entry into Turkey by at least 150 days.
- Minors traveling alone must have a passport (or in the absence of an identity card) - that is valid for at least 150 days from the date of entry into the country -, an authorization to leave the territory with the notarized signature of at least one parent in charge of parental authority and a photocopy of the identity card of the signatory parent.
- A visa is required for a stay exceeding 90 days. -
- Third-country nationals are invited to contact the Turkish embassy or consulate in their country of origin to inquire about the formalities of entry into the country.
Services at Istanbul Atatürk International Airport
Services on arrival:
- The airport has 19 ATMs. Banks and exchange offices are available in the departure and arrival halls. It is advisable to change currency in Turkish Lira (YTL) in the exchange offices in the city, where commission rates are lower.
- Several car rental companies offer their services. Their counters are located in the international and national arrivals hall.
Services on departure:
- For a refreshing break, a snack or a real meal, the airport has many restaurants, fast food and coffee shops. Some are located in public areas and accessible to all, others in the bonded area and are for travelers only.
- To spend a pleasant time before taking a flight, Istanbul Airport offers an exceptional duty-free shopping area (sixteenth largest in the world). The shops offer beautiful selections of products in fashion, accessories, cosmetics, gastronomy, alcohol and tobacco.
- There is a beautiful play area located in the lounge of the International Terminal for children.
- 2 luggage lockers are available in the international and national arrivals hall. The price is calculated per day.
- To get all the information you need for your stay in Turkey, an information desk is available in the International Arrivals Hall.
Transfer from the airport to Istanbul
The best way to get from Atatürk International Airport (IST) to Istanbul city center is to take the directly connected metro (line M1). Tickets can be bought directly at the station. You can also use a taxi (avoiding rush hours). They are rather cheap. Decorated with a yellow and black checkerboard pattern, taxis are easily spotted. The price of a trip is determined by the taximeter and is the same day and night. The transfer time between the airport and Istanbul varies from simple to double depending on the traffic conditions: from about 35 minutes to often more than one hour.
Useful information about Istanbul
- Aéroport international Sabiha Gökcen
Latitude : 40.9829888
Longitude : 28.8104425