Choose your destination
Flight Lyon - Barcelona
If Barcelona is so popular, it is surely because the city always has a holiday feeling about it. Good weather, 1001 things to do and plenty of unmissable places to visit are attractions that appeal to visitors from all over the world. A prime destination for business tourism and economic circles, Barcelona also has many assets to offer for a short stay under the Catalan sunshine. A stroll along the Rambla, a tour following the works of the master architect Gaudi, a visit to the Olympic site of Montjuic, a moment of contemplation at Sagrada Familia, shopping on Avinguda Diagonal or the El Born district... Barcelona will enthral you!
Flight from Lyon (LYS) to Barcelona (BCN)
Book a flight to Barcelona departing from Lyon
2 airline companies will take you to Barcelona for a competitive price:
Prepare your trip to Barcelona
As Spain is a member of the European Union (EU) and a signatory to the Schengen Agreement, entry into the country is very simple.
- Nationals of the European Union (EU) can travel freely, simply with a valid identity card or passport (even if it has expired within the last 5 years)
- Unaccompanied minors must be in possession of a valid identity document, parental authorisation to leave the country and a photocopy of the identification of the responsible parent(s).
- For nationals of non-member countries: for a stay of less than 3 months, many countries do not require a visa. Only a valid passport is required. Nevertheless, it is advisable to get information from the Spanish embassy or consulate in the country of origin to know exactly what the requirements are for entry into the territory.
Services at Barcelona international airport
Services on Arrival:
- Banks, exchange bureaux and ATMs are available in the airport terminal.
- 2 tourist information points await travellers in Terminals 1 and 2.
- 12 companies offer vehicle hire services: Avis, Hertz, Europcar, Sixt, Rent-A-Car, etc. The hire companies are situated either in Terminal 1 or Terminal 2.
Services on Departure:
- Restaurants, fast food outlets, cafeterias, cafes, bars, there is something for everyone and for every taste. Some establishments are even open 24 hours a day!
- Shopping opportunities are plentiful within Terminals 1 and 2. Airport shops are open from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Duty free from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Barcelona Airport has several facilities for children. Baby changing facilities are available in the toilets in Terminals 1 and 2.
- Payable baggage services and left luggage are available in Terminals 1 and 2.
Transfer from airport to Barcelona
Close to the city centre (barely 15 kilometres), Barcelona-El Prat International Airport (BCN) has the benefit of being easily accessible by road or rail. In addition to taking a taxi, Aerobus and the metro are all good alternatives for a quick and affordable transfer to Plaça d'Espanya or Plaça de Catalunya, whereas the train is ideal for reaching Barcelona’s two main stations for a small price: Barcelona Sants and Passeig de Gracia.
- Taxi: stations are situated in front of the exits to Terminals 1 and 2. Count between 20 and 30 minutes to reach the city centre.
- Aerobus: an express bus service which links the airport with the city centre (Plaça Espana or Plaça Catalunya). Departures are approximately every 10 minutes from Terminal 1 or Terminal 2.
- Bus TMB N° 46: this bus runs from 4.50 a.m. to 11.50 p.m. from both terminals. The advantage is that it stops at more places than the Aerobus but it takes a little bit longer.
- Night bus Nitbus N°17: this bus provides a service from 9.55 p.m. to 4.45 a.m. It runs from both terminals.
- The RENFE train runs every 30 minutes from the airport to the city centre and from the city centre to the airport. From the airport, it stops at Barcelona Sants, Passeig de Gracia or Clot. These are also the subway stations.
Useful information about Barcelona
Latitude : 41.297445
Longitude : 2.0811054