Choose your destination
An inspiration to many artists, as it was to Miró, the island of Mallorca in the Balearic Islands is an absolutely charming holiday destination. Contrary to what you may think, its capital Palma de Mallorca is not a mass tourist destination. A flight to Mallorca takes you deep into preserved and wild nature, between the Mediterranean Sea, the dream beaches, and the mountains.
Lyon (LYS) - Majorca (PMI) flight
Book a Lyon - Majorca flight from Lyon-Saint Exupéry
Prepare your trip to Majorca
Formalities for travelling
The largest of the Balearic Islands, Mallorca is part of Spain. You won't need any special travel document to go to Mallorca, if you are a citizen of the European Union or of a Schengen member state. A valid passport or identity card is sufficient.
As for Canadian nationals, applying for a visa is not needed if your stay does not exceed 90 days. A passport valid for at least three months from your departure date is still required for flying into Palma de Mallorca.
Services at Majorca Airport
Services on Arrival
- Palma de Mallorca Airport is Spain's third busiest airport. The Arrivals Hall is on the ground floor of the Main Terminal. There, you will also find a Tourism Office, exchange offices, ATMs, as well as travel agents.
- Seven car rental specialists for Mallorca are also located on the ground floor of the Main Terminal: Sixt, Europcat-InterRent, Record Go, Hertz-Thrifty, Avis, Goldcar-Rhodium, and Enterprise-Alamo-National.
Services on Departure
- Check-in for departures is on the second floor (for Self-Check-in, go either to the second or fourth floor). There you will also find what you need to lock and wrap your luggage, as well as a VIP room for those who want to relax.
- On the fourth floor, there are restaurants and fast-food outlets for a meal before leaving Palma de Mallorca Airport. Shops and a duty-free area are also available for those who want to do some shopping before boarding their flight.
Transfer from airport to Majorca
- Like car rental companies, the bus lines are also located on the airport's ground floor and second floor. Bus line 1 takes you directly to the city center from the airport, with buses departing every 15 minutes. Once in the city, bus line 25 is an easy way to reach Mallorca's beaches. For night owls, night bus line 41, running Friday evening to Saturday evening and on the eve of holidays, provides transportation every 25 minutes (from 11:45 p.m. to 6:25 a.m.) connecting the various bar, restaurant, and nightclub areas in the city.
- Taxicab stands are also located on the ground floor of the Main Terminal. Usually, ride fares to the city center are displayed at the stands.
Useful information about Majorca
- Palma de Mallorca Airport
Latitude : 39.551592
Longitude : 2.736272