Choose your destination
Flight Lyon - Marrakech
Marrakech guarantees relaxation and a change of scenery. Behind the ramparts, at the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, "the Pearl of the South" captivates visitors, with the snake charmers of Jemaa el-Fna, the basins of Menara, the lush setting of the Majorelle Garden, the buzz of the souks and the high minaret of Koutoubia. On top of all this, it offers numerous golf courses and a bustling nightlife... A destination like no other, which guarantees a holiday that will be forever etched in your memory.
Flight from Lyon (LYS) to Marrakech (RAK)
Book a flight to Marrakech departing from Lyon
Three airlines make regular connections between Lyon-Saint Exupéry and Marrakesh:
- British airline easyJet. Mainly operating medium-haul flights, it owns a fleet comprised of the Airbus A319, Airbus A320, and Airbus A321.
- Dutch airline Transavia. The KLM subsidiary operates in Europe and the countries bordering the Mediterranean. Its fleet is comprised of Boeing 737s.
- Moroccan airline Royal Air Maroc. It serves Europe, Africa and Asia. Its fleet is comprised of Boeing 737s and Boeing 767s.
Prepare your trip to Marrakech
Formalities for travelling
To visit Morocco, a valid passport is necessary. The national identity card is not enough. Some foreign nationals must present a visa, but this is not the case for citizens of the European Union for whom the passport is enough. The customs officer will stamp the date of entry into the country, which is the starting date for a three-month tourist visa. You will also have to fill out an information form (sometimes directly in the plane) and give it to the customs officer.
Services at Marrakech Airport
Services on Arrival:
- The many foreign exchange counters allow travelers to change their currency into Moroccan dirham.
- Several car hire places operate within the Marrakesh airport at Terminal 1: France Car, Locasom/Budget, Air Car, Ennasr Car Plus, Ebooking Car Com, Hertz, Avis, Dbilij Car, and Location Auto.
Services on Departure:
- Different cafés and restaurants, particularly fast food stands, in Terminal 1 provide sustenance.
- The many stores will give you the opportunity to buy, for example, local artisanal products such as leather goods, silverware or carpets. A duty-free zone allows you to purchase tax-free products like perfume, designer clothing or chocolate.
- There are different games available free of charge for children younger than two years within the Pearl Lounge.
- It is wise to arrive early to check your luggage in, especially in tourist season. There are no baggage lockers.
Transfert from airport to Marrakech
- The easiest way to get to the city center (often the square Jemaa el-Fnaa) from the airport is undoubtedly by taxi. They are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The drive is around 15 minutes. The taxi station can be found at the exit of Terminal 1.
- You can also take the bus along Route 19 to get to Marrakesh. The buses go every 20 or 30 minutes and travel to many of the city’s landmarks.
- Many hotels and riads offer their guests the use of their own vehicle for the journey.
Useful information about Marrakech
Arab and Amazigh
- Aéroport International Marrakech-Ménara
Latitude : 31.6021494
Longitude : -8.0270595