Choose your destination
Visit the economic and commercial capital of Tunisia. Tour the remains of a Carthaginian archeological site. Sip a mint tea on the terrace of a typical café in Sidi Bou Said. Discovery tours or business trips: less than 2 hours from Lyon-Saint Exupéry, Tunis will meet all your desires.
Flight from Lyon (LYS) to Tunis (TUN)
Book a flight to Tunis departing from Lyon
Prepare your trip to Tunis
Tunis-Carthage Airport is located about ten kilometres to the north-east of Tunis. It takes less than half an hour to reach the city centre by taxi. The journey price (approximately 3 euros) is quite inexpensive. Make sure, however, that the driver starts the meter!
Formalities for travelling
- French citizens must have a valid passport for stays under or equal to 90 days. No visa is required.
- Unaccompanied French minors must have a valid passport or identity card, an authorization to leave the territory signed by a parent or guardian along with a copy of the signing parent's identity document.
- Swiss, Belgian, and Canadian citizens may travel to Tunisia with a valid passport. No visa is required for stays under 3 months.
- Nationals of other countries should contact the Tunisian embassy or consulate in their home country to find out about any entry formalities into Tunisian territory.
Services at Tunis-Carthage airport
Services on Arrival:
- Several cash machines are available inside the airport. They issue banknotes in Tunisian dinars (TND). Banks and financial institutions also have counters where you can exchange your currency.
- The largest car rental companies (Avis, Hertz, Sixt, Budget, Rentalcars, Europcar, etc.) plus other local companies are present. Go to the public hall of the airport at the arrivals area. Services on
- The airport has bars and restaurants throughout the various terminals, in the public area and the area past the customs check. They offer full meals as well as light snacks.
- Several shops are accessible both in the international duty-free area or in the main departures and arrivals halls. Souvenirs, newspapers, books, perfumes, cosmetics, fashion, telephones, and electronics, etc. are available.
- Changing tables are accessible inside the toilets of the airport.
- A luggage wrapping service is available near the check-in counters for a fee.
Transfer from the airport to Tunis
Tunis-Carthage airport is located about 10 km northeast of Tunis. You have two options to get to the city center: taxis or buses.
- Taxi: you'll need less than a half-hour to get to the city center via taxi. The fare price is very affordable. Stations are located at the exit of the airport on the ground level, to the left.
- Bus: a private bus or state bus (no. 35 and no. 635) link to the city center. Departures are about every 25 minutes. Stations are located to the right when exiting the airport.
Useful information about Tunis
- Aéroport International de Tunis-Carthage
Latitude : 36.851111
Longitude : 10.226944