Choose your destination
Flight Lyon - San José
Booking in 1 click
Ideally located to discover the natural territories of Costa Rica, the city of San José is not just a step. The metropolis contains small and great treasures! A trip to the old districts of Amon, Otoya and Soledad or a detour to one of the city’s museums will convince you!
Lyon (LYS) - San José (SJO) flight
Book a Lyon San José flight from Lyon-Saint Exupéry
Nestled in the heart of a beautiful valley 1200 metres above sea level, the city of San José is surprising in its scope, its cosmopolitanism and the warm welcome of its inhabitants. The metropolis is a must see before immersing yourself in the natural wonders of Costa Rica. It also has a rich heritage to discover!
Join San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica, departing from Lyon by taking advantage of the scheduled flights with stopovers throughout the year.
Prepare your trip to San José
Formalities for travelling
Before you fly to San Jose and the 1001 wonders of Costa Rica, make sure:
For French nationals:
- You possess a valid passport during the trip and 6 months after the date of departure from Costa Rican territory;
- To hold an international certificate against yellow fever if you arrive from or if you have passed through a country affected by the disease.
Please note that for stays of less than 3 months, no visa is required. On the other hand, it is imperative to have a return ticket or a continuation document with visa or residence permit if necessary.
For the other citizens of the European Union, the Swiss, the Luxembourgish and the Canadians, the formalities are identical.
For other nationalities: inquire at the Embassy of Costa Rica in your country.
Please note that a departure tax of USD 27 per person is required at international airports.
Services at San José Airport
- Services on Arrival
Currency exchange office: San José airport has five exchange offices. ATMs are also available 24 hours a day.
For information, the national currency is the Costa Rican Colón (CRC).
Vehicles rental: a vast choice of car rental options is available to travellers: Rent a car, Payless, Hertz/Firefly, Solid Car Rental, Alamo, National Car Rental, Entreprise Car Rental, Budget, etc.
Communications: WI-FI access is free throughout the airport. Public payphones are also available in the terminal building.
Information office: a tourist information point is available in the luggage reception room.
- Services on Departure
Restaurants: San José Airport has many restaurants, counters and cafes in order to satisfy small as well as big cravings.
Shopping: various gift shops make it possible to complete your souvenir purchases. Duty-free shops, located at the main boarding gates, also offer a wide choice of tax-free items.
Transfer from airport to San José
Juan Santamaría International Airport is located about 20 km from the centre of San José. Several options are available for travellers to reach the Costa Rican capital.
- Taxi: the official taxis of the airport, Taxis Unidos, are orange. A counter is located in the arrival hall of international flights. It takes about 30 minutes to get there. Red taxis are private taxis. The price of the ride is generally a little lower. Always confirm the price before going in.
- Bus: Tuasa and its red buses also make it possible to reach the centre of San José. The stop is on the main street, just outside the airport. It takes about 40 minutes to get there.
Useful information about San José
- San José Juan-Santamaría International Airport
Latitude : 10.0159394
Longitude : -84.2141701