Choose your destination
Booking in 1 click
Named the “Manhattan of the Tropics,” Abidjan combines ultramodern business districts, other high-class residential areas, and traditional villages that maintain a unique cultural identity within an urban environment. Add to this a few fine sandy beaches and the picture is complete: Abidjan is certainly one of the most surprising African megalopolises!
Lyon (LYS) - Abidjan (ABJ) flight
Book a Lyon Abidjan flight from Lyon-Saint Exupéry
Head to Abidjan with regular flights from Lyon. The Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport offers many flights with stopovers throughout the year. A great opportunity to be tempted by a trip to Africa!
Prepare your trip to Buenos Aires
Formalities for travelling
To travel to Côte d’Ivoire and Abidjan, travellers will have to:
For nationals of the European Union:
- Have a valid passport during the stay which remains valid for 6 months past the date of return;
- Have a biometric visa. (visa application to be made either at the Embassy of Côte d’Ivoire in Paris, or by Internet. A biometric e-visa is then issued upon arrival at Abidjan airport.);
- Have a record of vaccination against yellow fever (mandatory).
For nationals outside the European Union: all foreigners must be able to present a valid visa or Ivorian residence permit to the authorities.
Services at Abidjan Airport
- Services on Arrival
Taxis: Available 24 hours a day, taxis await travellers in front of the airport.
Vehicle rentals: many rental counters are available (Avis, Road Star, Hertz, Selv, Factor Express).
Banks and currency exchange: three banks welcome travellers for all types of banking. Please note the local currency is the CFA franc (FCFA). ATMs are also available in the public hall and the boarding lounge.
- Services on Departure
Shopping: a duty-free as well as various souvenirs and handicrafts shops make it possible to make one’s last-minute purchases.
Bookstore: The de France bookstore, located in the public hall, offers a wide selection of books but also big titles of the national and international press.
Restaurants: various fast food brands (Burger King, Akwabar and Air Lounge Cafe) offer a wide variety of dishes to consume on the spot or as take-out.
Post: a post office located within the terminal welcomes travellers at the usual opening hours.
Luggage storage: a luggage scale and a filming service are available free of charge for travellers in the public hall.
Transfer from airport to Abidjan
Félix Houphouët-Boigny Abidjan International Airport is 16 kilometres south-east of Abidjan. Different means of transport are available for travellers to reach the city.
- Taxi: red-orange coloured taxis are available 24 hours a day. Pricing is metered, but the ride can be negotiated with the driver before getting into a car. Abidjan being a very large city, the cost and duration of the ride depend on the distance of the trip and traffic.
- Bus: the Sotra Monbus line 6 connects the South Plateau station with the terminal.
- Shuttle buses: Hotel shuttles operate between the airport, the city centre and the tourist areas. If you are staying at a hotel, ask them if a shuttle service is available.
Useful information about Abidjan
- Félix Houphouët-Boigny International Airport
Latitude : 5.2544696
Longitude : -3.9296293