Choose your destination
Booking in 1 click
A multicultural world where the sounds of Cantonese and English can be heard blending together on every street corner, Hong Kong is a key destination for any travel lover. This global city of more than seven million inhabitants is constantly in motion, oscillating between modernity and tradition.
Exploring Hong Kong involves getting lost in its markets and enjoying some delectable dim sum as much as it does gazing up at its immense skyscrapers with wonder.
Flights Lyon (LYS) - Hong Kong (HKG
Book a Lyon - Hong Kong flight departing from Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport
Opt for a trip that's full of discovery and wonder: fly from Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport to Hong Kong, a city in Asia that is well worth the detour. The journey to get to this unique destination takes around 16 hours, with at least one layover, usually in Moscow or Dubai.
Prepare your trip to Hong Kong
Formalities for travelling
- Passports for EU nationals must still be valid for 3 months after the arrival date (6 months for a trip to the rest of China). A visa is not required for a less than 3 month stay in Hong Kong.
- Nationals from other countries will need to request a visa. Note: a visa is required to enter mainland China through Hong Kong. Requesting one through a Chinese embassy or consulate prior to your departure is recommended.
Services at Hong Kong Airport
Services on Arrival:
- Hong Kong has its own currency: the Hong Kong dollar, the symbol for which is HK$. €1 is worth around HK$8.85 (and HK$1 is worth €0.11).
- You will find many currency exchange bureaus at Hong Kong Airport (Travelex Worldwide Money, Bank of China, Global Exchange, and HSBC) in the departures and arrivals halls of terminals 1 and 2. Services on
- Restaurants of all kinds (Asian cuisine, coffee shops, burger places, bars, bakeries, etc.) are conveniently open from 7 am until midnight for the most part, and some fast food establishments are even open around the clock.
- You will also find a large number of clothing, souvenir, and accessory shops in the departures and arrivals halls.
- Hong Kong Airport is also concerned with the well-being of its younger travelers. There are around eight children's play areas, as well as baby changing stations.
- For HK$12/hour (around €1.40) or HK$140/day (€15.80), you can leave your bags in the lockers located on level 3 of terminal 2.
Transfer from airport to downtown Hong Kong
Located about thirty kilometers from the airport, downtown Hong Kong is accessible by:
- Train (Airport Express) – in 24 minutes Trains depart every 10 minutes between 5:50 am and 12:50 am. An adult ticket costs HK$115 (€13) and a child ticket costs HK$57.50 (€6.50).
- Bus – in over 1h10 A large number of bus lines will take you to downtown Hong Kong, and cost HK$40 (€4.50) on average.
- Taxi – in about 30 minutes There is a taxi station right next to the arrivals hall. You can take one to downtown Hong Kong for around HK$360 (€40).
Useful information about Hong Kong