Choose your destination
The epitome of a romantic city, a heritage and cultural gem, with its UNESCO-listed canals and outstanding museums, Amsterdam offers a standing invitation for travelling and exploring. However, around its new business district Zuidas, the Dutch capital is also a reputed economic stronghold, which brings together extremely well all of the conditions for a successful business stay.
Flight from Lyon (LYS) to Amsterdam (AMS)
Book a flight to Amsterdam departing from Lyon
Fly to Amsterdam with KLM. Belonging to the Air France-KLM group, the company offers regular flights from Lyon-Saint Exupéry that will meet all your travel plans.
Prepare your trip to Amsterdam
Formalities for travelling
- French citizens, European Union (EU) and Swiss nationals, must hold a valid identity card or passport. No visa is necessary for a stay of less than three months.
- French minors travelling alone must have valid proof of their identity (identity card or passport), authorization to leave the country signed by one of the parents entitled to give parental authority and a photocopy of the signing parent’s proof of identity.
- Please note that nationals from certain foreign countries must, even for a short stay, request a visa from the Dutch Embassy or Consulate of their country.
Services at Amsterdam Schiphol airport
Services on Arrival:
- The airport has several banks with automatic cash dispensers. Automatic foreign exchange machines and foreign exchange offices are also available.
- Several rental firms, including Avis, Budget, Hertz, National Car Rental and Sixt offer their services. Go to the Schiphol Plaza level and choose!
Services on Departure:
- Restaurants, bars and cafes are available to try different snacks and other culinary specialties.
- Numerous boutiques, duty-free shops and a supermarket that’s open 24 hours, will welcome you on the Schiphol Plaza level for any last minute purchases.
- Play areas for the little ones are accessible on Holland Boulevard level. Baby changing facilities are also available in the airport’s toilets.
- Left luggage facilities are open 7 days a week in the basement (Arrivals Hall). Various Seal&Go points are situated in the check-in area of the Departure Hall, where luggage can be film-wrapped for greater security.
Transfer from airport to Amsterdam
Amsterdam-Schipol International Airport (AMS), connected to the world’s major hubs, is one of the lowest in the world as it is located three metres below sea level. The airport is situated 15 km to the south west of Amsterdam. Travellers have various means of transport to reach the city centre.
- Communal Transport: Regular bus services to Amsterdam. Numbers 197 and 370 link to the city centre as well as Amsterdam Zuid. Leave from area A7 which is opposite Arrival Hall 2.
- Train: Numerous trains run directly to Amsterdam Central Station (city centre) in 15 minutes. They are accessed at the railway station level situated in the airport’s central hall.
- Taxi: Schiphol Travel Taxis are available outside Schiphol Plaza. Allow 15 minutes to reach Amsterdam. For greater ease on arrival, you can reserve them in advance directly on the airport’s website.
Useful information about Amsterdam
- Aéroport de Amsterdam-Schiphol
Latitude : 52.3076865
Longitude : 4.7674241