Choose your destination
Flight Lyon - Amman
As a city of contrasts, Amman is located to the North-West of Jordan, between the Dead Sea and the desert. Founded over 9,000 years ago, it is a true delight to visit for anyone who love archaeological vestiges. From up top its 7 hills - known as the Jabals - the white city of Amman will no doubt fascinate you with its warm and welcoming culture, halfway between tradition and modernity.
Flight Lyon - Amman
Booking a Lyon-Amman flight from Lyon Saint-Exupéry
Jet off to Amman, the capital of Jordan, departing from Lyon Saint-Exupéry, and enjoy a history-filled holiday with lots to discover. Book your direct flight via the Transavia airline.
Preparing your trip to Amman
- You will need a passport valid at least 6 months after your return date. A visa is mandatory, regardless of how long you are staying for. Please note: For certain nationals, including those of France, visas can be obtained upon arriving in Jordan.
- A visa is mandatory to stay in Jordan, except for citizens of the following countries:
- For stays lasting less than 30 days: Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Syria, Yemen;
- For stays lasting less than 90 days: Lebanon, Turkey.
Services at Amman’s Queen Alia international airport (AMM)
- Upon landing at the airport in Amman, you will find many exchange bureaus to change your money into local Jordanian Dinars (JOD): 1 Euro = 0.79 JOD. The AJIB and Global Exchange offices are open 24/7. Each terminal also has several ATMs.
- Several car rental agencies are available on the airport’s 1st floor: Budget, Hertz, Europcar, Payless, Avis, National Alamo and Thirfy.
- Before boarding your return flight back from Amman, you can enjoy the many services available within Queen-Alia airport.
- Have a nice break in one of the restaurants, located in each terminal: World News Cafes, McDonald’s, Kalha, Starbucks, Popeyes, etc.
- There are also lots of Duty Free shops to buy all your souvenirs in, located in the departure and arrival halls (fashion, accessories, jewellery, etc.).
- Your younger passengers, baby changing and play areas are also available.
- Amman’s airport does not have any lockers or luggage storage facilities.
Transfers from Amman airport
- Just 18 miles North of the airport lies the city of Amman, accessible thanks to an express bus line commonly known as “Sariya”. Departures are every 30 minutes from 6.30 am to 6 pm, then once an hour from 6 pm to midnight. The journey from the airport to Tabarbour station in Amman will take between 45 minutes and 1h. The bus leaves outside Terminal 2 North. Price: 2.50 JOD, so just over €3.
- Taxis are also available 24/7 outside each arrival terminal. The journey will last about 45 minutes, and the average price is 22 JOD, so about €28. We recommend setting a price with the driver before beginning the journey.
Useful information about Amman
Latitude : 31.8491834
Longitude : 35.8494211