Choose your destination
The over-the-top city of Dubai has become a destination in its own right for departures from Lyon thanks to Emirates. Six hours from Place Bellecour, with a time difference of just one hour, the megapolis of the United Arab Emirates is well worth the trip. For a short stay or a long weekend, climb to the summit of the world’s tallest building (Burj Khalifa), explore the luxurious Palm Island, do some shopping in the Malls, vast shopping centres, and stay in the incredible palaces.
Flights Lyon (LYS) - Dubai (DXB)
Book a flight to Dubai departing from Lyon
Dubai’s hotels and beaches with velvety sand are brought closer to Lyon with Emirates planes. The famous airline offers several flights each week to carry you away to this sun-drenched land between the desert and the warm waters of the Arabian Gulf.
The hub of Dubai also provides easy access to other destinations much further away, from South Africa to China, Australia to Mauritius.
By visiting Emirates’ website, you will be able to get all of the necessary information for booking your flight with the dates, times, prices and current promotions.
You can also visit Lyon Airport’s website to find various information about the destination.
Prepare your trip to Dubai
Formalities for travelling
To prepare your stay in Dubai, make sure you meet the following conditions.
- French, Belgian, Swiss, and Canadian citizens only need a passport. Nonetheless, make sure it is valid for another 6 months after your arrival on Emirates' territory.
- Upon arrival in Dubai, your passport will be stamped with a temporary visitor visa allowing citizens of the EU and Switzerland to say up to 90 days, while Canadians are permitted a maximum of 30 days.
No vaccines are required, but the following are strongly recommended:
- Booster shot for diphteria-tetanos-pertussis (DTaP)
- Booster shot for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) for children
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Hepatitis A and B
Services at Dubai international airport
Services on Arrival:
- You will find several banks and currency exchange offices in the airport to change your euros into dirhams. However, we advise you to change money in the Dubai city-centre to get the best exchange rates.
- The big names in rental cars are all present, scattered around Terminals T1, T2 and T3. But be careful! An international driver's license is mandatory.
Services on Departure:
- Dining options are unlimited! The famous fast-food places are present along with a multitude of specialty restaurants: Asian, Indian, Italian, seafood… more than enough to satisfy the most demanding palates.
- With over 30,000 square meters of retail space, last-minute shopping takes on a whole new meaning here! Candies, electronics, jewellery, perfume and cosmetics, souvenirs, fashion, etc. You'll find things you need at every turn.
- Children have pride of place at a beautiful playground within Terminal 3. Toys for the youngest ones, and interactive games for older kids, television and a climbing wall are available to them. Spacious, comfortable, and well-equipped rooms are also provided to take care of babies in a calm environment.
- A paid service for wrapping your luggage is available in the departure hall of Emirates' Terminal 3. You will also find wrapping machines before the check-in gates in the departure hall.
Transfer from airport to Dubai
Impressionnant par son trafic et son architecture, l'aéroport international de Dubaï se trouve à 5 kilomètres du centre. Une proximité qui permet de rejoindre rapidement les grands hôtels, en taxi, via Sheikh Zayed Road.
Aux heures de pointe, pour éviter les embouteillages et faire des économies, vous pouvez aussi prendre le métro dont la Red Line, aérienne, offre de belles vues sur les gratte-ciels de la ville.
- Subway: it's the most practical way to get into Dubai if you don't have too much luggage. There are subway stations in Terminals 1 and 3 of the airport. If you take the Red Line, you can go directly to Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa Tower without changing trains. Note that the Dubai underground is well connected.
- Taxi: you can use it to easily reach the main sites (Deira, old Dubai, Burj Khalifa, Madinat Jumeirah, The Palm Jumeirah and Dubai Marina).
Useful information about Dubai
Dirham of the United Arab Emirates
- Dubaï Al Maktoum
Latitude : 25.254436
Longitude : 55.365759