Choose your destination
Booking in 1 click
An incredibly cosmopolitan metropolis, Buenos Aires, capital of Argentina, is a bubbling city with 1001 attractions to seduce you. Between its beauty and its architectural curiosities, its culture and its folklore, the city is savoured day and night, at a rhythm sometimes boisterous and sometimes languid, just like tango!
Lyon (LYS) - Buenos Aires (EZE) flight
Book a Lyon Buenos Aires flight from Lyon-Saint Exupéry
Although Buenos Aires is the most important city in Argentina, it is also the most active and vibrant in the country. In spite of a tormented past, the metropolis knew how to preserve its elegance and its art of living which is so unique. Today, it is a cosmopolitan and dynamic city, which brings together a young creative generation that has made it a trendy destination which might even be unmissable!
Prepare your trip to Buenos Aires
Formalities for travelling
To discover Buenos Aires and enjoy its legendary effervescence, several flights with stopovers are available from Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport. Enjoy regular flights throughout the year and plan your trip with complete peace of mind.
The formalities for travel to Buenos Aires are very simple. For French citizens and other nationalities of the European Union, one only needs to:
- Hold a valid passport for the duration of the stay. (Less than 90 days.)
- Possess a round trip or continuation ticket with visa or residence permit if necessary.
- For stays of 3 months and more: an extension of stay is to be requested from the immigration office.
For nationals outside the European Union (EU): it is necessary to obtain information on the necessary formalities from the Argentinian administration. Indeed, the legislation for entry into the Argentinian territory may differ from one country to another.
It should be noted that minors must have a valid passport.
Services at Buenos Aires Airport
- Services on Arrival
Currency exchange office: a single exchange office, the Banco Nacion, is at the disposal of travellers in the arrival hall. Please note that the national currency is the Argentinian peso (ARS). Vending machines are also available in the terminal building.
Vehicle rentals: four car-rental agencies, Alamo, Avis, Hertz, and Localiza offer their services. The counters are located near the entrance area of Terminal A.
Information counters: two assistance desks on the ground floor of Terminal A and Terminal B are available to passengers.
Communication: WI-FI is free and available throughout the airport.
- Services on Departure
Restaurants: Buenos Aires airport has several restaurants, bars and cafes offering local and international gastronomy.
Shopping: many shops are available to travellers: newspapers, pharmacy, local products, and fashion items, not to mention the duty-free products for sale at the departure areas of terminals A and B.
Left luggage: A left-luggage service and lockers are available on the ground floor of terminal A.
Transfer from airport to Shanghai
Ministro Pistarini de Ezeiza International Airport is located about 35 km south-west of Buenos Aires. Different options are available for travellers wanting to reach the city centre:
- Taxi: municipal taxis are waiting for passengers in the official taxi parks, located outside the two terminals. The centre of Buenos Aires is about a 45 minutes’ drive away.
- Shuttle bus: the Manuel Tienda León bus company provides a shuttle service between Ezeiza airport and the centre of Buenos Aires. Tickets are on sale at ticket offices in the Arrivals Hall. Allow more than an hour for transportation.
- Bus: Line 8 takes you to the centre of Buenos Aires, Plaza de Mayo. The stop is located in front of the airport. Allow for about two hours of transit.
Useful information about Buenos Aires
- Ministro Pistarini International Airport
Latitude : -34.8150044
Longitude : -58.5348284