Choose your destination
Boston (via Montreal)
Founded in 1630 by the English Puritans fleeing persecution in their own country, Boston is one of the oldest cities in the United States. Playing a major role in the War of Independence and the scene of numerous historical events, the city is famous for its prestigious colleges that attract huge numbers of students. Historic, multicultural, youthful and modern: visit Boston and discover its many faces.
Boston, both rich in history and future-facing
Less prized by tourists than New York or Los Angeles, Boston nonetheless has a lot to offer visitors travelling through the United States. Closely linked to the birth of the nation, the city played a particularly important role in the country's independence, the abolition of slavery and the emancipation of women. This historic past and its colonial vestiges blend harmoniously with Boston’s technological and university centres. Young, dynamic and future-facing, the city is also famous for its great sports teams, such as the legendary basketball team the Boston Celtics, the Red Sox baseball team and the New England Patriots American football team, all of which inspire huge passion from their fervent supporters.
Lyon – Boston: flights and transfers
The Lyon-Boston flight from Lyon Saint-Exupéry is with the airline Air Canada:
- flight with stop-over;
- connection: Montreal.
The international airport of Boston (IATA code: BOS) is approx. 4.5 miles to the east of central Boston. Various options are available for travelling between the airport and Boston city centre:
- by taxi, in 20-60 minutes depending on traffic;
- by bus on the Silver Line, free-of-charge;
- by metro on the Blue Line, which is faster but costs $2.65 for a return ticket. Various stops offer you connections enabling you to reach different areas of the city;
- by water shuttle, which connects each terminal to Logan airport where you can take a water taxi or water shuttle to Boston Harbor;
- by free shuttle to the rental car par,k or the airport metro station on the blue line to Boston city centre;
- by train, direction Bowdoin.
Useful information about
Latitude : 42.365595
Longitude : -71.00955