Choose your destination
Tozeur is an oasis on the edge of the Sahara, surrounded by a magnificent palm grove that is around 1000 ha wide. This Tunisian city is situated 450 km to the southwest of the country's capital, Tunis, and on the edge of Chott El-Djerid. Tozeur's characteristic architecture features pretty white brick houses and geometric patterns.
Flights Lyon (LYS) - Tozeur (TOE)
Book a Lyon - Tozeur flight from Lyon-Saint Exupery
Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport offers regular Tunisia-bound flights. Tunisair offers, among other things, direct flights to Tozeur. Djerba, Monastir, and Tunis are also well-connected to Lyon's airport.
Prepare your trip to Tozeur
To get to Tozeur, a valid passport is both required and sufficient for European Union residents. A French national ID card is tolerated if the trip is part of a package deal organized by a travel agency (hotel and flight). A visa is necessary if the trip is going to last more than three months, as well as for non-European Union residents, such as Australians or South Africans, who can obtain visas at one of the Tunisian border crossings.
Tozeur Airport Services
- A foreign exchange counter is available to arriving passengers so they can change currencies. The local currency is the Tunisian dinar.
- Several car rental companies have counters at Tozeur-Nefta airport: Rent a car, Avis, as well as Europcar.
- Passengers can grab something to eat or drink at the various bars and restaurant areas within the main hall. In the event of a flight cancellation or of significant delays, several hotels are located near the airport.
- Passengers will find two kinds of shops inside the airport: those offering tax-free products (perfumes, liquor, etc.) within the Duty Free area, and those selling local artisan products in the main hall.
- The airport's toilets have a special baby and young children changing area.
Getting from the airport to Tozeur
The airport is located 4.5 km away from the city of Tozeur. To get there:
- There are taxis available to passengers. The trip takes 10 to 15 minutes.
- There are shuttles connecting Tozeur to Tunisia's big cities, particularly Tunis, which can be reached in 7 hours.
Useful information about Tozeur
Latitude : 33.9353377
Longitude : 8.1114654