Choose your destination
Booking in 1 click
A true American icon, both multicultural and tolerant, Miami is known for its tropical climate, postcard-worthy beaches and festive atmosphere. This city is located on the east coast of Florida, in the United States, and has earned its nickname “The Gateway of the Americas” (The Door of the Americas) by its connection with Latin America.
Lyon (LYS) - Miami (MIA) flight
Book a Lyon Miami flight from Lyon-Saint Exupéry
Book a flight from Lyon to Miami for the opportunity to discover a sunny city where the Latin-American culture influences the rhythm of day as well as night. Cuban ambiance and white sandy beaches will be yours after a flight of about 13h from Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport. You can reach Miami with a stopover in Europe or with Air Canada via Montreal.
Prepare your trip to Miami
Formalities for travelling
To get to Miami, you need a biometric passport. Please note that it is recommended to have a passport with a validity of at least 6 months past the date of entry into US territory.
EU citizens do not need a visa but an electronic travel authorization (ESTA) can be requested online and costs $14. This authorization is then valid for 2 years.
Finally, on the airplane, a customs declaration form per person or per family will be given to you. You will have to fill it in order to enter american territory.
Services at Miami Airport
- Services on Arrival
In Miami, the local currency is the US dollar. ATMs are available at Miami Airport, at Gate C, on level 2. Foreign exchange offices are also present at the airport, as well as a bank at door B, level 4.
For car rentals, you will find numerous locations at the airport: Advantage Rent a Car, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, EZ Rent a Car, Hertz, National, Payless, P & P, Sixt Rent a Car, Thrifty.
- Services on Departure
Several restaurants, cafe or pizzerias are open from 6 or 7 am until 10 pm or 11 pm at the airport. Note: The Top of the Port restaurant is located on the top floor and offers a beautiful view of the runway for takeoff and landing.
You can shop at the airport shopping centre, found at level 2 of departures. There are also duty-free shops in the terminal building. In the central area you will find a hairdresser, a pharmacy but also an art gallery.
Baby-changing facilities are available at the airport, and there is also a play area for children.
At terminal E, level 2, you will find luggage storage and the lost and found office.
Transfer from airport to Miami
Miami Airport is about 10 kilometres north-west of the city centre. To reach it, several transport solutions are available to you:
- The Super Shuttle is located behind the baggage claim area and allows you to reach Miami and the surrounding area in less than 1 hour (depending on your destination).
- Private shuttles set up by the hotels: passengers are picked up at the airport and taken directly to their hotel. Rates vary from one hotel to another.
- Bus: several lines are available from the airport to Miami.
- Taxi: taxis are located just in front of the baggage claim area.
- Subway: the subway’s orange line leaves from the airport and will take you into town. You will need to obtain a transit card. At the Government Center station, you can take the free and air-conditioned Miami tram.
Useful information about Miami
- Miami International Airport
Latitude : 25.7950665
Longitude : -80.2786931