Airlines & TOs
Information and Contact
- Compagny type:Low cost
- IATA Code:BJ
Monastir Head Office
The company in a few words
Nouvelair is a Tunisian private airline. Founded in 1989, it now serves more than 130 European airports in more than 30 countries including France, as well as Germany, Poland, Denmark, and Belgium. It operates in 4 cities in Tunisia: Monastir, Djerba, Enfidha and Tunis. As of 2012, Nouvelair has had a new focus: the launch of regular flights to France. This means new flights being made available between Lyon and Monastir.
With its 700 employees, the company also has a modern fleet of 11 Airbus A320 aircraft to equip its various routes.
The airline has set up VIP access, allowing for greater travel comfort for flights with Nouvelair. This is especially geared toward business travelers who often fly for professional reasons. With this VIP access, these travelers benefit from additional services:
- Nouvelair VIP lounges to enjoy a moment of relaxation before or after a trip
- Wi-Fi access
- Office equipment to get work done.
- Snack service
This service is available at Monastir Habib-Bourguiba International Airport.
On-Board Services and Baggage
- Pets: Pets can travel in the cabin if they do not exceed 7 kg (including the cage). Beyond that, the animal can travel in the baggage hold below. Pets above 25kg will incur an excess baggage fee.
- Unaccompanied minors: Nouvelair staff is trained to accompany unaccompanied minors aged 5 to 12 years.
- Persons with disabilities and reduced mobility: specific assistance is provided by Nouvelair as well as boarding priority. To take advantage of this service, a request must be made 72 hours before the flight.
- Seat reservation: ability to pre-select seat up to 48 hours before departure time.
The following are Nouvelair baggage size and weight requirements:
- Checked baggage: 25 kg on scheduled flights to France. If this limit is exceeded, an additional fee is applied. Nouvelair recommends handling these fees online for better rates. Note that the maximum weight of the excess baggage must not exceed 32 kg.
- Cabin luggage: only one item of cabin luggage is allowed on board per person. The maximum size is 55x40x20 cm, and the maximum weight is 10kg on scheduled flights to France. Find out more about over-sized luggage (such as strollers and snowboards) on the Aéroports de Lyon website
Nouvelair recommends hard-shell luggage, as well as luggage tags to identify your bags. In addition, fragile items, valuables, and documents with private information will be more secure if stored in your carry-on baggage. Consult the company website for a complete list of prohibited baggage.
All destinations from Lyon with Nouvelair