Choose your destination
For a trip to the Eternal City, a honeymoon on Piazza Navona, a prayer under the Vatican's dome, a coin tossed into the Trevi Fountain, or a few days of vacation at the foot of the Colosseum, for an unforgettable stay, Rome still remains a dream destination.
Flight from Lyon (LYS) to Roma (FCO)
Book a flight to Rome departing from Lyon-Saint Exupéry
Prepare your trip to Rome
Formalities for travelling
- French citizens, other citizens of the European Union and the European Economic Community may travel to Rome with their currently valid passport or identity card. No visa is required.
- Unaccompanied minors must have a valid passport or identity card, an authorization to leave the territory signed by a parent or guardian along with a copy of the signing parent's identity document.
- Several other countries (29 in total), including Canada, Monaco, and Switzerland, are also exempt from visa requirements for stays under 90 days. Nationals of other countries should contact the Italian embassy or consulate in their home country to find out about any entry formalities into Italian territory.
Services at Rome Fiumicino airport
Services on arrival:
- Banks, cash machines, and currency exchange offices are available inside the terminals. Their locations are indicated on maps and multimedia stations.
- Several international and national agencies offer vehicle rental services. Their counters are all located on the floor of Torre Ufficio 2, which is easily accessible via an underground passageway equipped with moving sidewalks.
Services on departure:
- Restaurants, cafés, and fast-food options are located throughout the terminals so you can grab a snack or a more substantial meal.
- There are many shops and duty-free boutiques. The biggest brands, including Hermès, Prada, and Valentino all have their own locations.
- The airport has 5 rooms equipped with small changing beds and changing tables. Go to Terminal 3 departure level behind the Information desk, gate D01, gate E11, gate E44, and before gate E51.
- Consignment lockers are available in Terminal 3 on the international arrivals level. Luggage wrapping service is also available for passengers departing from Terminals T1, T2, and T3.
Transfer from the airport to Rome
Located about 30 km from the Vatican, Leonardo Da Vinci Rome-Fiumicino International Airport offers many solutions to get to central Rome.
- The easiest transportation is surely the Leonardo Express, a rapid tramway linking Termini Station every half-hour in under 40 minutes.
- The shuttle bus is the cheapest option, linking the airport to Termini Station in 55 minutes.
- Trenitalia trains can take you to central Rome very quickly. The train station is located inside the airport near the arrivals and departures terminals.
- Several bus lines link the airport to Rome and the surrounding area. Go to the Terminal 2 level or the bus station adjacent to the exits from Terminal 3.
- Official taxis are white. They are located at the exit of Terminals 1, 2, and 3. The airport is rather far from central Rome, so the fare price is rather high. The travel time is estimated at 45 minutes depending on traffic conditions.
Useful information about Roma
- Léonard de Vinci Airport
Latitude : 41.7998868
Longitude : 12.2462384