Choose your destination
Flight Lyon - New York
Booking in 1 click
Movies, music, TV series, books, blogs... If there's one city that knows how to get people talking about it, it's definitely New York. The reason being that "the big apple" is a cosmopolitan city where life moves fast and where an amazing array of architectural, artistic, culinary, and cultural riches is always on offer.
To visit New York is to dive into a dizzying, brilliant whirlwind that is always buzzing, full of excess, and, very often, magical. The city really has no equal and it rarely leaves one feeling indifferent, it's so full of wonderful surprises!
Flights Lyon (LYS) - New York (JFK)
Book a flight to New York departing from Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport
Go on a trip to New York and depart from Lyon-Saint Exupéry by flying with Air Canada. The airline offers Lyon – New York flights via Montreal (Canada). Check flights, prices and promotions on their website, and do not hesitate to visit Lyon Airports’ website for more information.
Prepare your trip to New York
New York, a sprawling and totally unique city
Located halfway between Washington D.C. and Boston, New York is the most populous city in the United States, with 8.406 million inhabitants, according to the 2013 census. It is divided into five boroughs: the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and Manhattan – the latter two being islands.
Useful information about New York
Formalities for travelling
For European Union nationals who are planning to visit for less than 90 days:
- If you have an electronic or biometric passport, then you don't need to request a visa, unless you have been to certain countries (Iran, Iraq, Lybia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen) between March 2011 and today.
- You must request an electronic system travel authorization (ESTA) prior to departure.
- Your passport must still be valid for six months after you enter the United States. Children of any age are required to have their own passports.
- Note that you are required to show a return ticket.
Minors travelling alone must have an ESTA electronic travel authorization, an official authorization to leave the country signed by a parent who is their legal guardian, and a photocopy of the ID of that parent.
Note: requirements for admission to the United States are similar for Swiss and Belgian citizens.
For citizens of different nationalities:
- Canadians must have a currently valid passport on them.
- Contacting the US embassy or consulate in the country you are from is recommended so you can learn more about requirements for entering the country.
Services at New York JFK International Airport
New York JFK has many terminals in operation. Air Canada arrivals and departures happen in Terminal 4.
Services on Arrival:
- Several currency exchange bureaus and cash machines are available on the arrivals level near gates A4, B22, and B32, after security, and in the shopping area.
- The biggest car rental companies are all there. Counters or free phone booths are available in each terminal on the arrivals level. A courtesy shuttle service is available to take passengers to the rental agencies, which are located on Van Wyck Expressway. Please note that an international driver's license is strongly recommended.
Services on Departure:
- There are more than thirty restaurants, cafés, and fast food establishments there. Every world cuisine, or almost, is available!
- A large shopping area with a great selection of stores and duty-free shopping options is available to travelers.
- There is an enclosed play area with lots of activities for children in Terminal 5. Baby changing stations are also available.
- Baggage drop-off lockers are available on the arrivals level.
Transfer from the airport to New York
There are several means of transportation available for getting to New York.
- By bus: the official New York airport bus company, NYC Airporter, will get you to the heart of Manhattan, near Grand Central Station and Penn Station, in 1h30. At the airport, head to the Grand Transportation Welcome Center to take the bus.
- By train: AirTrain JFK connects the airport to the regional railroad network 24/7. To get to Manhattan, get off at the Jamaica Station stop, then take the LIRR train, which will take you to Penn Station.
- By subway: AirTrain JFK connects JFK airport to the New York subway system. To get the A train, take the AirTrain from JFK to Howard Beach. To get the J, Z, or E trains, take the AirTrain from JFK to Jamaica Station.
- By taxi: official taxis, which are recognizable by their yellow color, provide transportation from the airport to New York. The length of the journey varies greatly depending on traffic: it can take 40 minutes during off-peak times, and over 1h20 minutes during rush hour.