Prepare for the trip
Are you afraid of flying?
3 tips to overcome your fear!
- 1. A good night’s sleep
- Prepare yourself mentally before
and during the flight,
- A good night’s sleep, and eat light!
- Avoid stimulants like coffee, tea, soft drinks and alcohol.
- 2. Relax one hour before take-off.
Take-off is usually the most stressful time. Make a concerted effort to relax, even before boarding the plane.
Learn to breathe slowly from the abdomen. You can also relax by listening to music or playing with your phone or tablet.
Take-off takes about 3 minutes.
- 3. Inform the flight crew
Inform the flight crew if you are feeling overly anxious.
When boarding, let your crew know about your fear of flying. The crew are trained to handle this type of situation.
Try to book an aisle seat so it is easier to talk with them.