Business trips from Lyon
Do you travel regularly from Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport to North America or Asia? Getting to the airport, accommodation, customs formalities, car parks, business services: find all the information you need to best organize your business trip.
The advantages of Lyon airport for business travelers
Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport does everything in its power to optimize your time and money when departing from Lyon.
Save time on your business trips
- Multimodal access to Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport
To get to North America and Asia
- Direct customs clearance for Canadian territories when traveling to the USA
- The possibility of booking direct flights to North America or Asia from Lyon avoiding local transit and stopovers in other airports (in Paris or in other French regions)
- Optimal flight connections to Asia, Canada and the USA
- Reduced travel times to Asia via Moscow
Optimize your expenses
When departing from Lyon for your business trips, you save on the cost of connecting flights to another airport.
Enjoy a great traveling experience
Also enjoy a number of services that are particularly designed for the traveling businessman (e.g. priority queuing, lounges).
Prepare your business trip
Access to and from Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport
For your business trips, various means of transport are available to get to Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport:
- By car: 6 car parks, 3 drop-off areas and 1 express drop-off zone are available to travelers.
--> Useful tip
To guarantee the availability of a parking space and to save time, book on the Store and get a special discount.
- With the Rhônexpress shuttle: tickets can be purchased from the vending machines on the platforms, on the internet, or on-board (with an extra charge of € 1). Cost of a one-way ticket: € 15.90; cost of a round-trip ticket: € 27.50.
- With the OUIBUS shuttle service: the service is available to and from 22 towns of the region.
- By train: TGV and OUIGO trains to 24 towns (such as Paris, Marseilles, Montpellier and Milan)
- By taxi
Moving about in the airport and getting to the boarding lounge
- Follow the “Terminal 2” signs. Transatlantic and transcontinental flights depart from area 21 on the first floor
- Then go through security checkpoints
- On the runway side, your boarding lounge will be located on the right. You will have to show your passport. The estimated average time to get to your plane is 5 minutes.
--> Good to know
- Be a step ahead by downloading the map of the terminals
- Check-in desks open 3½ hours before departure time
- For passport and security checks, we recommend you be there 2½ hours before departure time
Make the most of your waiting time at the airport
Everything has been set up so that your business trip from Lyon is off to the best possible start, whatever your wishes.
Gain in efficiency
Reduce your waiting time before security checkpoints. Book “Priority queuing” at least 8 hours before departure.
- Free internet connection is offered via Aéroports de Lyon’s high-speed network (reconnection every 60 minutes).
- A 1,000 m² business center provides 20 meeting rooms (for 1 to 120 people) and fully equipped offices.
Take a break
The Terminal 2 lounges
- The Dzarhi or the Solano lounges: located in the boarding area, these lounges offer international newspapers and magazines, high-speed and unlimited internet access, as well as a choice of snacks and beverages. Opening hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. / Tuesday and Thursday from 5 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.
--> Good to know
- The Solano lounge is reserved for flights in the Schengen area. Check with your airline company to see if you are eligible. Non eligible passengers can purchase a ticket at the entrance or via store-lyonaeroports.com (€ 28, including tax).
- “Les Ecrins” lounge: this private lounge is located in the public area and is available by reservation only. It can accommodate between 15 and 20 people.
Hotels in the vicinity of Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport
- Lyon NH Airport ****: 245 rooms, located in front of Terminals 1 and 3
- Kyriad ***: 83 rooms, free shuttle service
- Ibis Budget **: 141 rooms, free shuttle service
Go to the restaurant
The airport has nearly 20 cafes and restaurants: Starbucks Coffee, Pizza Hut, the Kyriad Hotel restaurant, OL Brasserie, Millie’s Cookies etc. H3: SHOPPING Cigarettes, perfumes, jewelry, sweets: choose from a wide range of goods offered at duty free prices in the airport’s duty free shops.
Do some shopping
Tobacco, perfumes, jewelry, confectionery… enjoy a variety of products in the duty-free shops of the airport.
Give yourself a wellness break
- Enjoy a shower (offered for a fee at Le Square – Level 1), open Monday to Sunday, from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Enjoy a quick manicure at Mlle Vernis, open Sunday to Friday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
You will also find...
- Smoking areas located outside the terminals
- A Travelex currency exchange office located at Le Square. Open from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m
- Concierge services: left items, luggage storage, cloakroom, etc.