Choose your destination
Located on Grande-Terre, at the confluence with Basse-Terre, the city of Pointe-à-Pitre is the ideal starting point to discover Guadeloupe. Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, it offers many tourist spots such as the ACTe Memorial or the Schoelcher Museum. Certified as a city of art and history in 2002, this city is worth taking a look at!
Flights departing from Lyon (LYS) to Pointe-à-Pitre (PTP)
Book a flight Lyon - Pointe-à-Pitre from Lyon Saint-Exupéry
The airline company XL Airways will assure flights to Pointe-a-Pitre from Lyon. Aboard A330, you will enjoy the comfort of cabins, the quality catering service and the wide selection of movies to keep you entertained throughout your flight.
XL Airways offers a range of additional services available for sale to meet your needs (specific meals, choice of the seat, renting of Ipad mini…).
Prepare your trip to Pointe-à-Pitre
Formalities for traveling
To go and discover Pointe-à-Pitre and traverse the butterfly-shaped island of the Lesser Antilles, you must :
- If you are a citizen of the European Union (EU): be in possession of a valid national identity card or passport.
- If you are a citizen of a country outside the European Union: be in possession of a valid passport and a valid residence permit issued by a Schengen Member State.
Since France is a member of the European Union and is a member of the Schengen area, no visa is required for citizens of another European Union country for short stays (shorter than 90 days).
Services at Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport
Services on arrival
- Car rental: many rental companies (Ada, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Jumbo Car, Sixt, Rent a Car, etc.) are available to travelers. The reception desks are located in an annex building, near the North Terminal.
- Taxis : a 24-hour taxi service is available at the airport exit.
- Money : two ATMs and a currency exchange counter are available on Floor 0 of the airport.
- Tourism : an information terminal providing access to a wide range of information is available for travelers on the ground floor of the airport.
Services on departure
- Post Office : an office is open from Monday to Friday from 12 pm to 18 pm. There is also a self-service area and mailboxes at your disposal.
- Restaurants : bars, snacks and restaurants located on Mezzanine, Departure Check-in and Departure Boarding levels allow you to have a drink, take a light snack or enjoy a copious meal of creole flavors.
- Shopping : there are a pharmacy and a grocery store at level 0 of the airport. A duty-free shop is also available at the Departure Boarding level. This beautiful space of 500 m2 offers a news stand as well as a wide selection of local and international products for tax-free sale.
Transfer to Pointe-à-Pitre airport
The Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport is located 3 km north of the city of Pointe-à-Pitre, at the confluence between the two parts of the island: Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre. Different options are available to reach the city center.
- Car rental: it is the favorite solution of a large number of travelers because it allows to visit the island as they wish. Car rental companies are plethora at the airport.
- Taxis : a taxi ride to Pointe-à-Pitre city center takes about 15 minutes. The price of the race can vary from 24 to 27 euros depending on the time and the number of bags.
- Bus : since 2016, a new bus line in the Karu'Lis transport network makes round-trip journeys between the airport and Pointe-à-Pitre in 15 minutes (PAP168 line). A single-journey ticket is about €1,20.
Useful information about Pointe-à-Pitre
Latitude : 16.2676129
Longitude : -61.5290895