Choose your destination
Beirut, the center of the Arab world for decades, is the largest city in Lebanon. This metropolis of 2 million inhabitants is a cultural and commercial city, elected as the first city to be visited by the New York Times in 2009. With its colorful streets, popular or trendy cafés, historical or contemporary art museums, Beirut celebrates the diversity of its origins and inhabitants at all times.
Flights from Lyon (LYS) to Beirut (BEY)
Book a flight to Beirut departing from Lyon
Flights between Lyon and Beirut are operated by the airline Transavia. Flights to the Lebanese capital are available all year round.
Prepare your trip to Beirut
Formalities to travel
To enter Lebanon, foreign passports must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of return to the country of origin.
Namely: for travelers who would like to visit Israel during their stay, entry into Lebanon is very difficult if the passport includes an Israeli stamp.
Services at Beirut airport
Services at arrival :
- There are many exchange offices and distributors in the main hall of the airport.
- To rent a car when you arrive in Beirut, go to one of the airport's rental offices (City car, Europcar, Avis, etc.). You can also find national car rental companies.
Services at departures :
For travelers leaving Beirut, Rafik Hariri airport has all the necessary comfort. There are:
- Bars and restaurants as well as 24-hour snack bars and restaurants;
- Souvenir and craft shops;
- Duty-free stores;
- Luggage-filming devices;
- Free Wi-Fi.
- In case of an early morning take-off, there are several hotels in the vicinity of the airport.
Beirut airport transfers
The Beirut airport is located in the inner suburbs of the city, only 9 kilometers south of the city center. To get there or leave it, the easiest option is a taxi.
In Lebanon, taxis do not have a meter, so it is necessary to negotiate the fare before getting into the vehicle. You will find tables in the airport that give you information on the average price of the trips.
It is also possible to take a bus to the city center.
Useful information about Beirut
Latitude : 33.8193756
Longitude : 35.4890156