Choose your destination
North America departing from Lyon
From June 2016, business travel passengers from Lyon regularly visiting North America will no longer need to go via a Parisian, provincial or foreign airport to take transatlantic flights. The Air Canada airline now offers flights leaving from the airport of Lyon-Saint Exupéry.
Flights departing from Lyon to North America throughout the year
Air Canada is the only airline offering transatlantic flights to North America departing from Lyon throughout the year.
- The destinations
Air Canada flies to 60 towns in Canada, starting from Montreal, which can be reached via a direct flight from Lyon. You can also make business trips to the United States, with a stopover in Montreal. New York, Boston, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago: more than 50 American destinations are available.
- Frequency of Lyon-North America flights
In winter, there are four direct flights to Montreal per week, on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
In summer, there are five direct flights to Montreal per week, on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Departure and duration of flights
Flights to North America leave at 12 pm.
As a rough guideline, flights to Montreal take on average 8 hours 15 minutes.
Business trips departing from Lyon: the advantages
At the Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport everything has been put in place to optimize business travel.
Save time at the airport :
- Easy access to Aéroport de Lyon - Saint Exupéry
Several methods of transport are available for reaching the Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport.
- By car: 5 car parks and 3 drop-off points are available for business passengers.
- By Rhône Express: this train provides direct access to the airport from the stations Lyon Part Dieu, Vaulx-en-Velin and Meyzieu, every 15 minutes from 6 am to 9 pm and every 30 minutes from 4.25 am to 9 pm.
- By shuttle bus: buses go to 14 towns in the region.
- By train: TGV and Ouigo lines provide direct access to the airport from 24 towns.
- By taxi.
- Go straight through customs in Canadian territory when you make a business trip to the United States. Montreal-Trudeau Airport offers pre-clearance to passengers on flights to the United States. This means that you will be checked by an agent of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) prior to your departure. You will not have any other formalities to fulfill when you enter the United States. To be integrated immediately (ds the sameme) "Benefit from a customs clearance directly on the Canadian territory when you make business trips to the United States.
Enjoy excellent travel conditions :
- A French-language service is available at all hours of the day to answer questions and provide advice;
- Additional services are offered to business class passengers, such as fast-track access, a concierge service and a lounge where you can work and/or relax whilst waiting for your flight.
By travelling to North America from Lyon, you can limit your costs before and after travelling to another airport.
And to make the most of everything Air Canada has to offer you can earn air miles with the Aéroplan loyalty programme. This offers you the chance to exchange your miles and enjoy preferential rates on flights, products and additional services.
Did you know?
From 2017, the new A330 model will join the Air Canada fleet. In addition to this, business passengers can also enjoy a more comfortable business class and a new Premium Economy class.